Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1921 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

what wood do you use

ive carved a few pipes here an there but i never really know what type of wood to use an i guess where to find it. what do you recommend?
    sirsmokesalot Reviewed by sirsmokesalot on . what wood do you use ive carved a few pipes here an there but i never really know what type of wood to use an i guess where to find it. what do you recommend? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

what wood do you use

you need a good hard wood, maple, oak, shit like that... if it's a 'heavy' wood, it's more than likely safe/good idea to use it for pipe making.... soft/light woods aren't good to use, pine is one of the 'light' woods.. i can't remember alot about wood shop right now... just look for a 'hard' wood (that's how it's actually classified, so google 'hard wood' and you'll see what you could use, unless it shows a picture of dick, dont' try to turn your dick into a pipe...)

what wood do you use

How about Cherry? I have a HUGE cherry tree in my back yard and no one would care if I cut off a decent sized branch.

what wood do you use

i really couldnt tell you, but try this, get a hammer and hit the base of the tree REALLY hard. if it dents a lot, dont use it, if it doesnt really dent too much, go ahead and give it a try.goodluck

what wood do you use

Quote Originally Posted by bayareapothead5
    i really couldnt tell you, but try this, get a hammer and hit the base of the tree REALLY hard. if it dents a lot, dont use it, if it doesnt really dent too much, go ahead and give it a try.goodluck
    Don't do this,you could injure the tree and it could die as a result...

what wood do you use

ok man....the tree will not be hurt in anyway i promise you, if you do as I say and hit the hammer directly on the middle base of the tree with the head of the hammer, NOT the claw side.

what wood do you use

how about u take a chain saw and see how dull the chain gets while sawing it down, if it gets hell dull hella fast, then resharpen your chain and finish off the tree, if your saw gose threw it like butter, well, go and cut it into blocks off wood and sell it for 150 per cord.

what wood do you use

maple works well, although ash is really nice, or my personal fav, BUBINGA.
    \"Everybody\'s worried about time, but I just keep that shit off my mind.\" - Ziggy