Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1826 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

pot destroys my lungs?

sorry for the repost but i know more ppl spend their time in the lounge

Well it's strange but the oz I just bought is really killing my lungs. I'm not a heavy smoker by any means, I smoke probably a joint or 2 a day, and they're not massive or anything. Don't smoke cigarettes either. Well I got some kind bud and I believe the smoke just isn't very smooth, because ever since I got it I wake up feeling like crap. My lungs have all this shit in them, my throat hurts, I'm coughing a lot. So I took a break and it went away...now I'm left with an oz that's pretty much unsmokeable!!

The weed isn't like the good shit I'm used to...The stuff I normally get is good dro, fluffy, lots of crystals, and when ground up makes a lot of keif. THIS STUFF is super sticky, grinding makes almost no keif because it all sticks together...perhaps the curing or something is making the smoke harsh? Am I crazy? What can I do to make it more acceptable to my body...?
    homestar Reviewed by homestar on . pot destroys my lungs? sorry for the repost but i know more ppl spend their time in the lounge :) Well it's strange but the oz I just bought is really killing my lungs. I'm not a heavy smoker by any means, I smoke probably a joint or 2 a day, and they're not massive or anything. Don't smoke cigarettes either. Well I got some kind bud and I believe the smoke just isn't very smooth, because ever since I got it I wake up feeling like crap. My lungs have all this shit in them, my throat hurts, I'm coughing a lot. So I Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

pot destroys my lungs?

Yeah it doesn't sound like it was cured properly. You can try putting it in a mason jar for a while. If is dried out put an orange peel in with it.
    Smoke it in an ice-water bong if you can. Some pot is just harsh.

pot destroys my lungs?

vaporize

pot destroys my lungs?

really bad weed tastes like shit and sets my chest on fire, and it sounds like thats what your describing

pot destroys my lungs?

its not bad...i gets me blazed, really blazed, but it hurts...its kind bud definitely, not shwagg or anything!

pot destroys my lungs?

OK, it could be one of many many reasons.

For a start, if it has been cured then it wont be harsh, so more likely its not been cured. Do you take a hit and hold it down? So many people do this and proves they know absolutly NOTHING about smoking cannabis. Like it says on the home page under the dailyfactoid, THC is absorbed instantly by the lungs, and if you hold your hits in all your doing is killing youself because your coating the lungs with tar.

If you dont hold it in, it might be good weed, your just not experienced enough.

I say get some glass jars, and slow cure it yourself for about a month. If its still too harsh, then make brownies or just cook with it.

pot destroys my lungs?

Curing is an optional stage of the drying process...not every grower will take the time to do a 4-6 week cure. If the strain is good...and the grow was done right, then really curing isn't needed...like the man says.. it gets him stoned.

pot destroys my lungs?

Quote Originally Posted by LIP
    THC is absorbed instantly by the lungs, and if you hold your hits in all your doing is killing youself because your coating the lungs with tar.

If you dont hold it in, it might be good weed, your just not experienced enough.

I say get some glass jars, and slow cure it yourself for about a month. If its still too harsh, then make brownies or just cook with it.
    putting it in glass jars now, won't really make much of a difference unless it's been harvested just recently... something that's been sitting around for a month will not suddenly become smooth after an extra 3 weeks in a jar. the cure process has to be done properly and directly after harvest...it's the conversion of photosythesis to sugars..bringing out the flavour or sweetness of the bud. If the bud is harsh.. then take it in small quantities...it still does the job. Curing, if done incorrectly...can decrease the thc content and overall .. hmm.. goodness of the bud. not to mention mold risk.

as for holding in your hits? yea... it doesn't need to be held for more than a few seconds...3-4 max. any longer is just pointless and in some ways harmful.

...But like i've said before.. smoking ANYTHING.. is going to be bad for you.. doesn't matter how natural it is.

Cheers and happy toking,
    Bob.

pot destroys my lungs?

yes finally. i believe weed is nowhere near as bad for you as tobacco, but i dont believe breathing in smoke of any kind is good for you, even if your just smoking empty papers

pot destroys my lungs?

Quote Originally Posted by suhl
    yes finally. i believe weed is nowhere near as bad for you as tobacco, but i dont believe breathing in smoke of any kind is good for you, even if your just smoking empty papers
    it shouldnt be if the smoke/tar is good for you, it should be that if the smoke is bad for you, and from what we know, weed hasn't caused anyone to die from lung cancer from cannabis directly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast