Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1906 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

building a grow box

right i have a space 0.8m by 0.7m & its 1.3m tall in the middle. i want to make 2 boxes one for veg one for flower each with a 250w MH/HPS. do u think it would be too hot & what kind of fan would i be needing. also i only have one mains plug would i be able to run 2x250w off of that?
    cheers, heres a diagram.
    dreadydrug Reviewed by dreadydrug on . building a grow box right i have a space 0.8m by 0.7m & its 1.3m tall in the middle. i want to make 2 boxes one for veg one for flower each with a 250w MH/HPS. do u think it would be too hot & what kind of fan would i be needing. also i only have one mains plug would i be able to run 2x250w off of that? cheers, heres a diagram. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

building a grow box

ok can't get the diagram up, it won't attach

building a grow box

Sheet metal boxs stay cooler
    One love
    c

building a grow box

I use a KETER garden cabinette for growbox

BRITE\'S SUPA TOMATO PLANT THREAD!

*Perverted mind @ work!*

building a grow box

thanx, does metal keep it much cooler than wood? woods cheaper & easier to work with

building a grow box

You should probably just use compact fluorescents for the veg box and save yourself the hassle of too much sophisticated ventilation. And there's no fire hazard with fluorescents, so you can just use some really cheap handipanel, however that's spelled.

building a grow box

thing is, im sorted for lights, i've already got them. i need a box to make it easier to control the climate for the plant.

building a grow box

ey man, i just started growing. and my grow box is a cardboard box. about 3 feet high, 4 feet long and like 3 feet wide, it fits my babies fine. but should i be worried about the box being cardboard?... my lights are flourescent so i dont believe so. but have you heard of anything bad becoming of cardboard boxes?.

building a grow box

an 8 year old child was found dead in a cardboard box once. Personally, I believe it was the cardboard box. Call this sarcasm, call it rude, whatever you want. I call it a dry night.

Seriously though, the little kid thing really happened.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huang_Na

As for your question, I think that the only bad things that might happen with the cardboard setup is heat. It might get really hot inside the box, too hot for the plants, or even start a fire maybe. Good luck with that.

That wasn't sarcasm. I think it would suck ass if your house burnt down because of cardboard boxes. Maybe keep a fire extinguisher nearby.
    Mira el foto grande

building a grow box

it's funny you said that. hahahahaha.. last night i went out to the corner store at 2:00 am to pick up a mini fire extinguisher. i allmost didnt sleep in fear of waking up in flames. the two flourescent lights REALLY heated up the inside of the box, (i find using one of them is sufficient in terms of heat) but the whole inside is tin foil and the heat really didnt escape. the top of the box was a bit warm. but it's all good this morning. im glad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast