Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1471 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Loly popping

Does anyone have any exact info on how this is done. I was watching the urban grower and i saw what it did to his plants and its crazy. I dono if his results are just because of this technique but if it is it might be a good thing to do to my plants when i start growing. Thanks for the info
    Hazzy View Reviewed by Hazzy View on . Loly popping Does anyone have any exact info on how this is done. I was watching the urban grower and i saw what it did to his plants and its crazy. I dono if his results are just because of this technique but if it is it might be a good thing to do to my plants when i start growing. Thanks for the info :D :D :D Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Loly popping

If by "lollipopping" you mean to make your buds into fat round ones, the techniqu is simple -- you clip the center out of a bud as soon as there's a center to clip. It results in the end of the branch going totally nutz with leafy and bud production. In my opinion it results in buds that have no significantly greater THC content, and a much greater proportion of leafy matter. It's not bad if you're gonna run it thru an extractor and pull the goodness from the vegetation, but it makes for a 2nd-rate smoke if you cure it and use it like bag-weed. For my gardening energy, I prefer more branches with normal buds per end than big, fat frostless globs that smoke like sun leaves.

But, I invite disagreement on the topic. It's highly subjective, and probably more or less successful, depending on the strain you've chosen to experiment with. I encourage you to "lollipop" a few buds -- not the whole plant -- and judge for yourself. The worst you will come out with is more volume with less octane . . .
    Think analog ~~ Act digital

Loly popping

Quote Originally Posted by rodekyll
    If by "lollipopping" you mean to make your buds into fat round ones, the techniqu is simple -- you clip the center out of a bud as soon as there's a center to clip. It results in the end of the branch going totally nutz with leafy and bud production. In my opinion it results in buds that have no significantly greater THC content, and a much greater proportion of leafy matter. It's not bad if you're gonna run it thru an extractor and pull the goodness from the vegetation, but it makes for a 2nd-rate smoke if you cure it and use it like bag-weed. For my gardening energy, I prefer more branches with normal buds per end than big, fat frostless globs that smoke like sun leaves.

But, I invite disagreement on the topic. It's highly subjective, and probably more or less successful, depending on the strain you've chosen to experiment with. I encourage you to "lollipop" a few buds -- not the whole plant -- and judge for yourself. The worst you will come out with is more volume with less octane . . .
    You completely got the wrong idea. Lollipopping is when people flower the plant early and the main stem begins to stretch as apposed to more growth.

Loly popping

In the Urban Grower video he hints at removing the bottom branches as lollipopping. I remember trying to Google the term after I watched but I never came up with a grow-site that mentioned it.

Loly popping

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Loly popping

Your all wrong,
    It's when you cut the lower foot of branches off and leave a big fat lollypop shaped plant.I think the idea is to get a bigger plant but using 1000 watt lights only penetrates 3 feet so the bottom foot is cut and the top 3 feet are bigger and fatter buds then a 3 foot plant.Get it?

Loly popping

J Dog has it right ..... :smokin:

Loly popping

ah that sound good
    i have heard of this b4 but not called lollypoping just in a general grow guide.

Loly popping

Lemonboy has it right EDIT: and J Dog... its right when you cut the lower branches off... there a a couple of reasons of doing this...

- instead of the plant working on the lower bud production on parts (bottom)the light barley reaches anyways, the plant can focus on the main and central bud formation and packing some heat in some instances

#2 - Healthier envirement to prevent mold/fungus/and spider mites... put a fan under the "open" area now, and will drastically help prevent mold...

#3 -- dont the plant branching out as much

However some stranis take this harsh and actually reduces the amount of grams you can achieve

Loly popping

forgot to mentrion:::

"forcing the center cola by pruning back the branches to
    the first node.Doing that should have forced her energys
    towards one solid main cola...."

"just take the lower 1/3 growth off that includes stems,
    shoots, and leafs..."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast