Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1451 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

help, think i have a big problem!!!

Ranger outdoor grow '13 Have something attacking, first noticed a darkening, drying look on the smallest, lowest, most interior buds.

Advice from Bigfoot and couple other young wannabes, the plant is naturally pruning itself because of shady environment I created. So today I went out to remove, it's moving up the plant and out the branches. Took three entire plants because it had reached the colas. I'm thinking some kind of soil born disease. It's not mold.

Any ideas, what about next year?
    tlranger Reviewed by tlranger on . help, think i have a big problem!!! Ranger outdoor grow '13 Have something attacking, first noticed a darkening, drying look on the smallest, lowest, most interior buds. Advice from Bigfoot and couple other young wannabes, the plant is naturally pruning itself because of shady environment I created. So today I went out to remove, it's moving up the plant and out the branches. Took three entire plants because it had reached the colas. I'm thinking some kind of soil born disease. It's not mold. Any ideas, what about Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Ben thinking to myself, root attack all three roots pulled very easy, but have seen no insect sign

Naturally pruning itself? hmmm, that's a new one. didn't know that was possible. if fact, I don't think it is. but how about more description and some photos in white light?

PP, totally agree this is a new one to me, Will try for some photos tomorrow, for now this.

Ok, total organic- grown under shade tarps always, heavy mulch most places, one problem was to keep low I topped then left town for a while so no bud tending. Result allot a branching and being protected from wind not that strong. But the progress of the smallest going first and working out to the end is new. What I took today was an attempt to save the ends but they seem lite now. The leaves seem unaffected, it's not like the water leaves falling, thou some have as usual while maturing. It's just to early.

Please check back tomorrow

sounds like something wants to eat your buds, ive seen slugs fall from trees into the roof of my green house, and screw up some plants. Basically they would drop in from the roof land on a bud, leave a weird residue.
    Then the sun comes up and heats it up, sort of scorches that area they were on. I caught 2 of em in the act one morning at 4am.

birds?
    fungus?
    cold/frost?

Ben a tough couple of days, rains moved in and mother nature been choosing some for me to pick. Still looks like an inside job, still think it maybe coming from soil.Attachment 295075 same plant on the right(halfway up plant, drying of bud just starting at base) on the left(lower branch bud Brown to end. See very little leaf wilt.

Seems to be dying up, Brown buds straight from plant will crumple into rolling material, but from bottom up, inside out, it seems to still be moving

Found the very start of some mold in one spot, this was in the nice juicy end bud, not the same, is actually taking the smallest first

Leaving for cali grow in a couple of days for harvest, want the old guy there. Think I should take them early?

My guess would be bacterial disease. I think if it was a fungus, you would have already reconized it as one with your experience. It could also be some sort of microscopic nematode, each variety attacks roots first, then envade plant traveling through the capillaries, then attacking different plant parts according to what variety of nematode it is. Post #2 suggests this is a posibility too. I'd go ahead & harvest early, because if its either of the above, its too late to stop it now. I have natural ways to drive away nematodes & prevent re-infestation. Its marigolds! Yep. Used them all my life & it works. If you have or can find any, (save the seed for next spring), pull them up, dry them out, crumble them up & work into the soil all around your grow. If nemos aren't the problem, this won't hurt a thing, be good prevention for the future, since the little bastards infest the soil. Next spring, scatter the marigold (sm french type) seed around your grow like you're sewing grass seed. I'm so sorry, you put so much work into your girls you must be heart broken. I hope not too many were affected.~~~~~PEACE~~~~~

Are tomato wilts in ether group? Do they cross the line? Are bacteria and nemas teammates?
    Using marigolds as companion all around, but never worked in soil straight

Nematodes are microscopic worm like plant parasites that live in the soil & enter the plant through the roots. Different varieties & each one migrates to a different plant part & does its own special kind of damage, except the root knot nematode, he stays in the roots, & there he does his damage. There's one who migrates up the tomato stem & settles in the nodes, making them swell, looking like arthritis. Then they become brittle & can break. Fungus & bacteria disease both can be carried by nematodes. Its possible you have have root knot nematodes, by what you said about the roots, & its also possible they carried a bacterial disease that affected your buds. Its also possible its one of the nematodes that attack fruit, therefore your buds. Since I can't see your plants up close & personal, its also possible that I'm wrong altogether, but I'd still do the marigold thing to be safe for next season. If you want to use chems, you can probably find something at a hardware/garden store by reading lables. Dia earth might help too. So what percentage got hit? If its a lot, you may be better to harvest early to salvage what you can.~~~PEACE!~~~

Oh the tomato wilts are diseases that effect most members of the nightshade family. Dont think thoes particular wilts cross over to cannabis, or not that I've ever heard of. But anything that devastates the roots severely enough will cause the plants to wilt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast