Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1460 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Tweaking the new room, need some pointers!!!

Hey Kest,

Nice thread!

I saw your trellis' a few post back and wanted to put a picture or 2 up for you to check out.. I do something similar, though I use 2' x 4' carts with wheels and a trellis. I originally designed the carts to be used with a ghetto areo/nft recycle system.. since I've gone back to soilless mix (another story..). With the T-5 panels and 600's with wing reflectors I use, the 2 x 4' size works perfect, plus it fit through the door when I had 2 rooms. The other thing that's nice is being able to easily rotate the carts during the grow to balance the light out and such. The painted out room is the most current. Anyway, check it out:

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Rich
    Hey Kest,

Nice thread!

I saw your trellis' a few post back and wanted to put a picture or 2 up for you to check out.. I do something similar, though I use 2' x 4' carts with wheels and a trellis. I originally designed the carts to be used with a ghetto areo/nft recycle system.. since I've gone back to soilless mix (another story..). With the T-5 panels and 600's with wing reflectors I use, the 2 x 4' size works perfect, plus it fit through the door when I had 2 rooms. The other thing that's nice is being able to easily rotate the carts during the grow to balance the light out and such. The painted out room is the most current. Anyway, check it out:
    Right on, thanks for checking things out! Your screens are just like mine I see. Although it looks like you are using your screens as support not really as a scrog. Check out the tutorial posted earlier in the section, I think ul like it!
    Wheels on the screens is nice! I thought about it, but decided to go with simple.

Just when I think I might be doing things right, I find out something new. Thanks!

Hi everybody! This log has gotten all weird and I am going to try something different to get back to the comparison/experiment thing. Here's the plan:
    I have 2 Waterfarms open and am getting a couple cuttings from a buddy. I will grow them side-by-side. What experiment should I perform? I thought about dueling nutrient lines but that is expensive! Maybe just using the basic three-part and nothing else in one unit, then all the additives in the other unit. Dunnno. Ideas?

4.   Advertisements

You guys both have me eager for my new space (6 weeks until construction is done), I can't wait! Big :thumbsup: to both of you!

It's still weird to get seeds across state lines here, so I have been getting them online. Attitude once, MoC once, some crap company once. The SLH is GHS it looks and sounds amazing but it's a b to grow. Very low tolerance for overdose and very stretchy. So stretchy that I popped another seed hoping to get a different response.
    The BluOG looks great. It is already filling in nicely with "not great" light. Her cutting is really nice. She's a keeper. My mind changes like the weather apparently, but i am ready to settle into one or two strains and call it a day. We'll see if I can!

Quote Originally Posted by kest30
    Right on, thanks for checking things out! Your screens are just like mine I see. Although it looks like you are using your screens as support not really as a scrog. Check out the tutorial posted earlier in the section, I think ul like it!
    Wheels on the screens is nice! I thought about it, but decided to go with simple.

Just when I think I might be doing things right, I find out something new. Thanks!
    Hey Kest,

You're right, though my intent was not really to do scrog but build more of a trellis.. I generally grow 2 plants in #5 containers, or 1 in a #7. For all I just start fiming, beginning at the top and 2-3 sets of branches down depending on the plants. This produces 2 main colas on each and great side branching, all while keeping things manageable in the carts. Normally I'm pretty agressive as far as trimming under the screen, but have gone easier lately. I also vary the height of the screen dependent on the plant and how tall I expect it will get. Having a lot of flexibility in my lights where I can adjust them as needed to stay close is helpful too..

Is your yield noticeably higher when you scrog? I personally haven't found a lot of difference.. Big plants with lots of bud sites = more bud. :jointsmile:

Farmer Rich

sweet...

looks great

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234