Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1390 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Now what? You got what you asked for...

Just of few random thoughts.....I know it is early in the process and a lot has to be figured out on a local level, but for those counties and municipalites that do not prohibit licensed marijuana facilities, I am guessing that the quality of "recreational" marijuana may be lower than "medical grade" because the expectations will be lower since there are no medical conditions to address. How many of you existing dispensaries will abondon your existing license and go for the retail license? For those patients out there, how many of you will forego obtaining a card, and just buy through retail outlets? How this is all going to fall out, be regulated, not to mention what the Feds will do, sounds daunting at best.
    colagal Reviewed by colagal on . Now what? You got what you asked for... Just of few random thoughts.....I know it is early in the process and a lot has to be figured out on a local level, but for those counties and municipalites that do not prohibit licensed marijuana facilities, I am guessing that the quality of "recreational" marijuana may be lower than "medical grade" because the expectations will be lower since there are no medical conditions to address. How many of you existing dispensaries will abondon your existing license and go for the retail license? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

when things change...there's usually a little pain

Well, there is a cure for that :stoned:

Quote Originally Posted by colagal
    Well, there is a cure for that :stoned:
    Yeh, I want to go to CO, just to buy OTC and sit and :smokin:smoke where anyone can smoke a cig.
    Idk about CO, but WA, already set a bunch of taxes and stipulations, regarding legalization. It will be, a local level, fight, for them. Lets' hope that is all. pr

all the stoners in CO are just damn lucky wish theyd atleast decriminalize here!

Quote Originally Posted by painretreat
    Yeh, I want to go to CO, just to buy OTC and sit and :smokin:smoke where anyone can smoke a cig.
    Idk about CO, but WA, already set a bunch of taxes and stipulations, regarding legalization. It will be, a local level, fight, for them. Lets' hope that is all. pr
    In reading the full text of amendment 64 (Amendment 64: The Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol Act of 2012 | Yes on Amendment 64: The Colorado Campaign to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol), I don't see under part (4) Lawful operation of marijuana-related facilities, where a customer can smoke within a marijuana retail store, which would make sense since you cannot drink liquor inside a retail liquor store. That would be the next step: smoking bars. Maybe what you meant by sit and smoke, is smoking inside your own or friend's residence?

My guess is that if these laws are actually implemented and legal 'over the counter' cannabis is available, that the medical coops would just evolve into OTC medical outlets, not requiring a doctors rec and the whole doctor rec/med card system would become obsolete and no longer used. but I'm just guessing, I have no clue really.
    [align=center]:s4:
    bring \'em all home.

[/align]

and I agree with PR, there really needs to be place where people can partake together. I've heard that really helps med patients to be able to medicate with others. The only place I've been able to do that was at the New Amsterdam Cafe in Vancouver and in the coffee shops in Amsterdam, and it was an awesome experience. sad i had to leave the US to experience that. but, I think Cali allows you smoke in the coops but I'm not sure, I haven't lived there in years.
    [align=center]:s4:
    bring \'em all home.

[/align]

Quote Originally Posted by boaz
    My guess is that if these laws are actually implemented and legal 'over the counter' cannabis is available, that the medical coops would just evolve into OTC medical outlets, not requiring a doctors rec and the whole doctor rec/med card system would become obsolete and no longer used. but I'm just guessing, I have no clue really.
    It seems likely, and it would interesting to get dispensary owner's viewpoint. I don't think dispensaries are happy with this amendment because, like you may have implied, many so called patients are probably recreational users. I asked one of my patients if they would bypass the mmj/caregiver route and just buy from the retail store. The answer was that they didn't think so for a couple of reasons: 1) quality and 2) cost, i.e., the quality not will not be as good and the costs higher. We'll see.

As far as places where people can partake together, I don't know. Maybe private type of clubs will pop up where partaking is possible,,,? Nonetheless, expect the money people to start rolling into the state again.

oh...I like that private club idea :thumbsup: ....stoners need to group by age brackets

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast