Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1911 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wisconsin?

does anybody know where the wisconsin state government stands on the issue of legalizing medical marijuana?
    Googs16 Reviewed by Googs16 on . Wisconsin? does anybody know where the wisconsin state government stands on the issue of legalizing medical marijuana? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Wisconsin?

no but I got this map below (looks like nothing going there, just like here in Oklahoma ). there is a thread on here from Galaxy that had a great summary of the status in all the states but I'm not sure if Wisconsin was on it or not. I think it was in the activist section. check norml, too, this is their map below.

Wisconsin?

Wisconsin?

Greetings from WI!

Right now we are in the process of (hopefully) passing the Jacki Rickert Medical Marijuana Act. Also known as Assembly Bill 554. There's about 30 days left before the vote.

The rumors are mostly that it will pass. Public approval is very high (85% or so) Plus, our governer, Jim Doyle, has said that if the bill reaches him, he will sign it.

There has been a lot of great work done here. There are meetings and rallies on a weekly basis. There is even an ad being aired as of yesterday for IMMLY.org (Is my medicine legal yet?) which features testimonies by patients who simply want to enjoy the quality of life that everyone else can.

Tomorrow morning on the capitol steps in madison, there will be a public display of prayer and compassion for anyone who has been affected by the current unfair marijuana laws. There will also be music and informational tables set up to educate people about the benefits of this bill passing. The event starts at Noon with a moment of silence at 12:30. It should be a great event.

Activism is seen all over capital city - Rallies, speakers, posters, advertisements, festivals, and even the occasion smoke out (luckily any amount up to 3.5g is decriminalized here) so the public and our lawmakers know we want this bill passed!

THIS BILL, THIS TIME! :jointsmile:

Wisconsin?

The way I understand it is that there will be rallys all throughout Wisconsin on the 27th of this month!

This one pertains to people in the Eau Claire, Chippewa, Dunn, Trempealeau, Pepin, Clark, and Buffalo county areas:
    There will be a peaceful rally/protest either in front of Wal Mart on the frontage rd easement or in front of Oakwood Mall (Eau Claire) On both sides of the street. Right by the movie signs.

Here's a nice write up that is on Craigs list:
    SB368/AB554

If ya see an old biker type wearing a modfather t-shirt with a leather vest come up and say howdy.
    Have a good one!:thumbsup:

Wisconsin?

Quote Originally Posted by Faddenator
    Greetings from WI!

Right now we are in the process of (hopefully) passing the Jacki Rickert Medical Marijuana Act. Also known as Assembly Bill 554. There's about 30 days left before the vote.

The rumors are mostly that it will pass. Public approval is very high (85% or so) Plus, our governer, Jim Doyle, has said that if the bill reaches him, he will sign it.

There has been a lot of great work done here. There are meetings and rallies on a weekly basis. There is even an ad being aired as of yesterday for IMMLY.org (Is my medicine legal yet?) which features testimonies by patients who simply want to enjoy the quality of life that everyone else can.

Tomorrow morning on the capitol steps in madison, there will be a public display of prayer and compassion for anyone who has been affected by the current unfair marijuana laws. There will also be music and informational tables set up to educate people about the benefits of this bill passing. The event starts at Noon with a moment of silence at 12:30. It should be a great event.

Activism is seen all over capital city - Rallies, speakers, posters, advertisements, festivals, and even the occasion smoke out (luckily any amount up to 3.5g is decriminalized here) so the public and our lawmakers know we want this bill passed!

THIS BILL, THIS TIME! :jointsmile:
    Marijuana activism is always prevelant in college town like Madison......its places like River Falls & The Dells area where ya got the bigger trouble.....its still very illegal in Wisconsin so be careful

Wisconsin?

Quote Originally Posted by Islandborn
    Marijuana activism is always prevelant in college town like Madison......its places like River Falls & The Dells area where ya got the bigger trouble.....its still very illegal in Wisconsin so be careful
    and places like... the State Capital too!

Wisconsin?

faddenator thanks for the info and please let me know what happens regarding the bill

Wisconsin?

Quote Originally Posted by Islandborn
    I've lived in WI my entire life, so I know exactly what you're talking about. But you're wrong about marijuana activism ALWAYS being prevelant - in the midst of AB554, there is almost daily activity whether it be meetings or rallies or what have you which is the opposite of a year ago when there was almost nothing happening around here.

Part of the reason I moved to the Madison area is because small amounts are decriminalized here - not to mention police officers around here are really laid back. But you're right about places like the Dells and River falls - tourist areas and rural towns seem to truly believe marijuana users are terrible criminals.

Wisconsin?

Quote Originally Posted by Googs16
    faddenator thanks for the info and please let me know what happens regarding the bill
    no problem, The first place Im gonna go after I hear the outcome is right here. I'm either going to be extremely pissed off or overjoyed - either way I'll need to vent. :thumbsup:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast